Car insurance can be confusing at the best of times.
Insuring your car correctly is just as important as insuring your house or contents, and we would like to help you get it right so we’ve compiled a list below.
Here’s a list of 10 things you should know when insuring your car:
- Likely drivers – do you have children that will soon obtain their learner’s permit?
- Have you considered windscreen / window cover for your car?
- Do you want the inclusion of a hire car following a theft / or accident?
- Do you get choice of repairers and are they accredited?
- Are the contents of your car insured? (This could also come under your house and contents insurance.)
- Is your car insured if it is stolen, caught in fire or is damaged by a storm?
- You need to disclose driving convictions, loss of licence, speeding fines and modifications to your vehicle, as all of these can affect your policy.
- Do you know the difference between market value and agreed value for your car? Are you accessories covered too?
- Is your rating protected if you have to claim?
- Excess – what price are you likely to pay in the event of a claim? Increasing your excess can lessen the total annual premium, but remember, you will have to pay more if you claim. Note the difference in excess for different drivers and consider the benefits on a nominated driver policy.
Remember, if you have any questions about any of these points, please give us a call. We are happy to explain and help you in as many ways as possible to ensure you get the right insurance.